Dallas Melanoma Skin Cancer Screening
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer, affecting more than 2 million people per year in the United States alone. Fortunately, if it is caught early enough, skin cancer is easily treatable. At our dermatology clinic we are proud to offer our patients regular skin cancer screening in Dallas TX.
What You Should Know
Here are some tips and guidelines that you might want to know for your Dallas melanoma screening:
- It doesn’t take long! – The screening for skin cancer in Dallas TX only takes about 15 to 20 minutes. You don’t have to set aside an entire day to be checked out.
- We check the hard-to-see places – The full body screening is just that. We ask that you completely undress so that the dermatologist can check in places such as behind your ears, between your toes or buttocks and the groin area.
- Be natural! – No need to wear make-up or nail polish, as these may hide some common signs of melanoma in Dallas TX.
- Come prepared – Talk to your dermatologist about any medications you are currently taking and what precautions you take when exposed to the sun or other UV rays.
What We Look For
Early detection is the key to prevention and successful treatment. We want your Dallas melanoma screening process to be as smooth and comfortable as possible. Our experienced staff is highly skilled in the detection of potentially cancerous cells:
- Squamous cells – these are found on the upper layer of skin, highly visible
- Basal cells – these are hidden under the squamous cells and are harder to detect
- Melanocytes – cells that give the skin it’s pigment
We Are Here for You
Our professional staff is ready to answer questions and address all of your concerns. At our clinic in Dallas melanoma screenings can be a part of your regular health routine.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact us today to schedule your skin cancer screening in Dallas TX.